Mar 16, 2012

Thank you... err... terima kasih!

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

Last few days (or maybe last weekend, can't remember), I just came back from somewhere, and wanted to enter my apartment's parking structure. As I reached the card scanner machine in front of the apartment, it was a little bit further than I usually stopped my car.

A few pedestrians waiting at the side to cross the entrance. So a Chinese uncle came in front of me and helped to scan my parking card...

Not my apartment parking entrance of course :p

So then, I said, "Thank you!" and started to change my gear back to 'D'.

The uncle suddenly replied unexpectedly, "Terima kasih, bukan thank you.." and I stopped, smiled back to him and said, "Terima kasih, terima kasih".

- What I usually do is to say 'Thank you' to non-Malays, and 'Terima Kasih' to Malays. But now, I have to change my mindset to say 'Terima Kasih' most of the time in Malaysia. Of course, this is not applicable to non-Malaysians though they might understand the phrase. :)

ps: Well, the card was supposed to be easily scanned even if you do not open your car window. But somehow it doesn't work now.. huhu... You really have to be really close to the scanner to get passed.~

No comments: